How You Can Help! Volunteer Opportunities
Evening Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteer Opportunities for Your Group or Your Company’s Community Service Day
- Paint a dorm, community room, or even an entire floor at one of our sites.
- Plant and harvest on The Farm at Boston’s Long Island Shelter. (Individual volunteers are also welcome and much needed!)
- Sponsor & Serve a meal at Long Island Shelter or Woods Mullen Shelter.
Teach a Class or Life Skill
- Participate in a Workforce Development Webinar series. Through use of Skype or similar technology you can lead a targeted discussion on your industry or career, providing trainees valuable firsthand knowledge of exciting careers and work opportunities.
- Teach a Life Skills Workshop like budgeting, resume writing, interviewing, time management, goal setting, etc. to individuals in transitional programs.
- Host a recreational activity at one of the shelters or transitional programs.
- Get Creative! Bring in art supplies and lead a group of guests in a simple and fun craft project.
- Hold a Drive (socks, underwear, toiletries, and warm winter clothing are especially needed).Drives are a great way to get your entire company, school or even all your friends and family involved.Drives have no set time limit and you can run your drive as long as you’d like. Just download the flyer below for one of our current drives and share with those you’d like to participate. They’re easy to run and have a big impact on people’s health, warmth, and comfort. Thank you!
- Flyer: Operation Sock Drop
- Flyer: Warm Hands, Warm Hearts
For more information, please call (617) 942-8671 or email email@example.com.
Individual volunteers under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.