How You Can Help!
Evening Volunteer Opportunities
- Sponsor & Serve a meal at Long Island Shelter or Woods Mullen Shelter (great for 2-15 people!).
Volunteer Opportunities for Your Group or Your Company's Community Service Day
- Paint a dorm, community room, or even an entire floor at one of our sites.
- Plant and harvest on The Farm at Boston's Long Island Shelter. (Individual volunteers are also welcome and much needed!)
- Sponsor & Serve a meal at Long Island Shelter or Woods Mullen Shelter.
Tutor or Teach a Class or Life Skill
- Teach a Life Skills Course like budgeting, resume writing, interviewing, time management, goal setting, etc. to individuals in transitional programs.
- Tutor students in Project Lighthouse Adult Education Program in reading, writing, math, GED Prep or English as a Second Language.
- Train students in computer literacy.
- Lead recreational activities like Bingo, at one of the transitional programs.
Can't Get a Group Together or Make it to One of our Sites? You Can Make a Difference Right from your Work, School, Club, or Place of Worship!
- Hold a Drive (socks, underwear, toiletries, and warm winter clothing are especially needed).
Drives are a great way to get your entire company, school or even all your friends and family involved.
Drives have no set time limit and you can run your drive as long as you'd like. Just download the flyer below for one of our current drives and share with those you'd like to participate. They're easy to run and have a big impact on people's health, warmth, and comfort. Thank you!
For more information, please call (617) 942-8671 or email email@example.com.
Individual volunteers under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.